Mennen Medical Group is improving the lives of doctors and patients for over 50 years, by developing and marketing state of the art medical technologies.
The company maintains a highly established international sales infrastructure, with presence in dozens of countries worldwide. Mennen Medical is a privately owned company with headquarters located in Israel and fully owned subsidiaries in the US and UK.
The company employs around 250 staff members along with its sub contractors and distribution channels throughout its international operations. Since 1963, Mennen Medical® has been committed to developing and marketing reliable, durable and top-quality products. Understanding the importance of accuracy in its field and implementing a zero-error policy, Mennen Medical® develops superb equipment designed to suit specific clinical needs and the dynamics of healthcare work environments.
Bilicare: Non-invasive Transcutaneous Bilirubin Meter (handheld unit)
- The BiliCare System is a non-invasive device used to measure serum bilirubin levels by means of a light based on spectroscopy – measuring substances using light at varying wavelengths for determining hyperbilirubinemia (newborn baby jaundice)
- The light is transmitted through the outer ear and absorbed by the bilirubin which will calculate the bilirubin levels according to a customized algorithm
- The design is slim, light and ergonomic with an LCD color screen
- The device is easy-to-read and offer step-by-step instructions.
- One of the benefits for using the bilicare include a low risk for infection, trauma and pain when measuring bilirubin levels. The results are readily available within minutes which allows for treatment of baby jaundice to start much sooner. The faster measurement system increase proficiency and productivity.
- Can use just one measurement or average 2–3 measurements
- Can be used with or without entering baby’s ID
- Large, clear display for easy use
- Resistive touch screen can be used with or without gloves
- Menu-driven user interface minimizes training needs, facilitating use by multiple caregivers
- Memory up to 40 measurements saves time in transcribing and comparing results
- Barcode scanning allows for accurate identification of patient and nurse information
- Integral, long-lasting, rechargeable lithium battery